How to make a rustic sleepy hollow town sign
Nothing says October more than filling up your favourite mug with pumpkin spice latte for a day (or weekend) of decorating the house.
To upgrade your autumn decorations this year, personalise your collection with a handmade Sleepy Hollow town sign.
Some crafting tips:
- Balsa wood provides a lightweight yet soft wood for easy cutting for beginner crafters.
- Super glue or wood glue is used for gluing the balsa wood strips together.
- Use charcoal or a heavy pencil to trace the template design and transfer it onto the wood.
- Either paint or woodburn the letters.
- For a rustic finish, use watered down brown paint to lightly stain the balsa wood all over.