- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together the sugar, water, glucose syrup and cream of tartar.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, place the thermometer in and let cook without stirring.
- Once the candy reaches 300F, remove from heat.
- Put on candy making gloves, keep your face back and pour in the cinnamon oil.
- Give it a quick stir and drop in a little bit of black gel (you won’t need much).
- Stir, then pour a tbsp of the candy onto a silicone mat.
- Fold together until able to pick up (dough consistency).
- Take clean oiled kitchen scissors, and cut off a little bit (size of ball you want).
- Roll with your gloved hands until you form a ball shape and set aside.
- Repeat until all candy is cut and rolled.
- If the candy starts to harden in the pot, simply heat the pan back up on the stove for a few minutes, until the candy can be removed from the pan again.
- Roll in white sugar before storing in an airtight container.
Don’t let the cinnamon oil touch your skin, and keep your face back when you pour the oil into the candy. The fumes will be overpowering!