- Stir together the white sugar, glucose syrup, water and cream of tartar in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Pop in a candy thermometer and let cook without stirring to 300F.
- Remove from heat and stir in your flavouring.
- On a silicone mat, drop candy so they form circles and quickly press the lollipop sticks on. If not pressed in deep enough you can coat with more candy.
- If making your own, you can roll the lollipops in the acid pop coating. If using premade lollipops, dip in a small cup of water before rolling.
- To make the acid pop mixture, in a bowl add in the white sugar, citric acid and tartaric acid and stir really well. I’d suggest by starting by adding 2 tsp citric and 3 tsp tartaric first, and add bit by bit, testing until you reach what you feel is strong enough (don’t go too crazy!).
- Set aside to dry on a silicone mat or baking paper.
- They can be wrapped in food favour treat bags with an excess sugar mixture added to keep the lollipop dry.