- 2-metre licorice (specifically, we used the one by the brand Fyna)
- Cut the licorice to the length you want your wands to be.
- Take clean kitchen scissors and cut from one corner on a diagonal to the other corner, so you’re left with two long triangle like licorice pieces.
- Prep a baking tray with a silicone sheet or baking paper and preheat oven to 160C.
- Place one cut licorice piece on a plate and microwave on low power for 20 seconds to soften.
- Twist the licorice piece until you have a wand shape, and lay on the baking tray, using heavy oven safe pieces to hold each end down (I used stainless steel cutlery).
- Repeat until you have a tray full of wands, then place in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. If any pieces have come undone, they can quickly be retwisted, but use candy making gloves when handling as it’s hot sugar you’re now working with.
- Set aside and let cool.
A 2-metre roll of licorice makes 6 wands.
- Cook Time: 12 mins