- –Pumpkin vodka
- infuse 250ml vodka with slices of roasted pumpkin, 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1cinnamon stick, 1/2 tsp vanilla
- –Pumpkin fizz hard candies
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin vodka
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup of glucose syrup
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- mixture of white sugar and citric acid
- orange food gel
- –important tools
- candy thermometer
- candy making gloves
- silicone mat
- oiled scissors
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together the pumpkin vodka, white sugar, glucose syrup and cream of tartar.
- Stir until its mixed together, then let it come to a boil until it reaches 300°F or hard crack stage.
- As its cooking, roll out the silicone mat.
- In a large shallow dish, pour in the white sugar and citric acid mix.
- When it reaches hard crack stage, pour in 1 tsp of pumpkin vodka for extra flavor and stir in orange food gel for colour.
- Pour the candy liquid onto the silicone mat.
- Pull on your gloves, and when the candy starts to cool enough to touch, fold the edges into the middle so the candy cools at the same pace.
- Once it’s cool enough to pick up, start kneading the candy and twist into a long rope.
- Take your oiled scissors, and cut into 1 inch long pieces.
- As you’re cutting these pieces, toss them into the white sugar and citric acid mix and stir to coat. This will give it a coating and keep them from sticking to each other.