Make these jelly slugs from Honeydukes, a popular treat in their Hogmeade shop. We’ve made ours banoffee flavoured!
- 1 box of ‘make your own/flavourless’ jello
- 7–8 tbsp powdered gelatine
- 1/4 cup water
- 300g jar of banoffee dessert sauce
- In a saucepan, over low-medium heat, stir together the jello, powdered gelatine and water.
- Stir until all is dissolved and the mixture has lost it’s grittiness.
- Add in the banoffee sauce.
- Stirring, let it heat up, but don’t let it boil or bubble, just until the sauce is smooth and flows off the spoon when lifted.
- Using a smaller spoon, scoop into the slug mold.
- Place the old into the freezer for 5-10 minutes, depending on how warm the mixture is, until it is firm and pops out of the mold easily.
- Repeat. If the mixture starts to firm up in the pot, just reheat slightly until it’s smooth again.
The slug mold was created using these two products, purchased via Amazon (affiliate links).
Easy Mold Silicone Molding Putty
Make more molds if you’re in a rush.