- 85g box of Jello (your choice of flavour)
- 8–9 tbsp of gelatine
- 1.25 to 1.5 cups of water
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- In a small saucepan, mix the ingredients together.
- Turn on the heat on low, and stir until the mixture has lost its ‘grittiness’ (usually just a few minutes).
- Don’t let it start to bubble or boil, as it’ll turn the mixture from transparent to solid when poured into the mould.
- Turn the heat off and let it sit until steam has stopped rising off the surface.
- Give it a stir from time to time. It won’t start to solidify, so it’s best to let some heat off of the mixture.
- Get your bear mould ready (FYI: you don’t need to spray the mould, it pops out easily), placed in a plastic container or on a plate, and clear a space in your freezer.
- Pour the mixture into the mould, move quick and pop into the freezer.
- Check in about 10-15 minutes, it should be mostly hardened. If not quite there, check every minute until it’s firm. You also won’t want to let it sit in the freezer, as it’ll make the gummy mixture go weird.
- Pull out of the freezer and undo from mould.
For the vodka bear (yes, I really did make one!), I split the liquid and used 1 cup water and 1/4 cup vodka.
I used the Wilton Mini Stand Up Bear from Amazon.