- 1kg of white sugar
- 1 large can of preserved plums in syrup, strained
- Start by pitting the plums.
- In a low bowl, I used a soup bowl, pour in some white sugar (you don’t need all 1 kg at the same time).
- Roll the plums in the sugar and set aside for half and hour.
- Turn on oven to the lowest setting. Reroll the plums in the sugar and place in a lined baking tray. We used a baking mat, but baking paper will work fine too.
- Place tray in oven and leave for 2 hours. Remove from oven, reroll plums in sugar, either wash baking mat or lay down new baking paper and place back in oven for another 2 hours.
- You can either spend a whole day doing this, or take them out at night, set aside and continue the next day. You should do this process a total of 6 times.
- By this point the plums should be dried out and the final sugar coating somewhat crispy.
- Package nicely in a box lined with baking paper.
- Cook Time: 8 hours