- The making of this is straight forward. As with the Willy Wonka Three Course Meal Gum, you need a gum making kit. We used Copernicus Bubblegum Kit
- few drops raspberry flavouring
- few drops blueberry flavouring
- few drops strawberry flavouring
- few drops lemon flavouring
- 1/2 tsp Citric Acid
- popping candy (links lead to Amazon. See T&C’s)
- Mix up the gum according to it’s instructions, excluding adding the flavour.
- Knead it, and pull it into two pieces.
- Line a glass bowl with baking paper, place one chunk of the gum in, with a drop each of raspberry, blueberry and raspberry flavouring. Also add in a violet colour, or a mix of red/pink and blue (which mixed together makes purple).
- Pop it in the microwave for 15 secs, pull the bowl out and give it all a good stir with a wooden stick. Remove the baking paper with the gum from the bowl, and set it aside.
- Next take another sheet of baking paper, line the glass bowl and add in the other piece of gum.
- Add in 2-3 drops of lemon flavouring and your colouring.
- Microwave for 15 secs and stir with a wooden skewer.
- Pull the baking paper with the gum out of the glass bowl, lay it on the counter and sprinkle 1/4 tsp of citric acid on top. Once it’s cool to touch, knead it so it’s worked in.
- Tear the lemon flavoured gum into smaller pieces, roll each one out into a flat circle, and pour a small bit of pop rocks into the centre. We had these individual sized serves, and we used half for each.
- Pull the edges of the lemon flavoured gum up and around the pop rocks until all the edges are gathered together. Squeeze the edges so it’s a closed ball around the pop rocks, and roll the ball around in your hand until it’s a smoother looking ball.
- Repeat with rest of lemon gum and pop rocks.
- Take the berry flavoured gum and tear them into separate pieces, so there’s enough for each piece of lemon flavoured gum.
- Roll the berry flavoured gum out into a flat circle.
- Sprinkle out more citric acid on a plate or baking paper, and roll the lemon flavoured gum in it until it’s covered.
- Place the lemon flavoured gum in the centre of one of the berry flavoured gum circles, and work the edges of the berry gum up and around so it completely covers the lemon gum. Pinch the edges together, then roll it around in your hand so it’s a smooth ball.
- Repeat with rest of Berry gum.