- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 egg white
- Preheat your oven to 250F/120C.
- On a baking tray, lay out a sheet of baking paper on top (or oil it. The almonds can really stick!)
- In one bowl, mix together your spices, sugar and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the egg white a few times.
- Add the almonds to the egg white, and using a fork, stir until all the almonds are coated.
- Transfer the almonds to the spice mix. I’d transfer using my clean hands, as I often have leftover egg white in the bowl.
- Using a fork, stir the almonds in the spice mix until fully coated.
- Transfer the coated almonds to the baking tray, and spread the almonds out, so they’re not overlapping each other.
- Bake in the oven for about 50 minutes. You can cook them at a higher temperature, but only if you’re watching them closely. They burn easily!
recipe adapted from Emeril Lagasse’s ‘Spiced Nuts’ found on FoodNetwork.com