Bubble and Squeak | The Wind in the Willows
- 4 pieces of salted pork slices, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 small turnip, cubed
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cabbage, shredded
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- Heat up a dutch oven or a large pot on the stove.
- Cook the pork, stirring until it’s golden brown.
- Add the onion, continue stirring until soft.
- Add the additional ingredients and stir it all together.
- Cover the pot and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir, then add hot water (1 inch of water)
- Cook for ~20-30 minutes until the potatoes and turnips are soft but still stays intact when a fork is pushed in.
- Uncover the pot and cook until the liquid is gone.