So I had the unfortunate experience of being introduced to Star Wars with the movies that came out starting in 1999. To say the least, Star Wars didn’t really hook me in.
Rookie mistake. You really do need to start with the originals.
Fortunately with The Force Awakens coming out in December, I decided to go and curl up on the sofa with the originals to see what all the fuss is about. What I learnt? Ewoks rock, R2-D2 is my favourite and Storm Troopers need energy with all the running around in those outfits that they do.
- Ice Magic
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 peeled red apple
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or just cinnamon is fine)
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- ¾ cup milk
- splash of vanilla essence
- To make the storm trooper design on the glass, pour some Ice Magic into a small dish. Tape a silhouette of a storm trooper on the outside of the glass. Take some Ice Magic up on the tip of a skewer and start to draw on the inside of the glass, tracing the design.
- Once finished, place in the freezer for a minute or two to harden.
- Then make your smoothie by chopping up the frozen banana and the apple, and blending it with the milk until it's smooth.
- The add in the yogurt, vanilla and spice.
- Blend again and serve.