- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or 1 vanilla bean
- 10 drops raspberry essence
- 4 drops green food dye
- 750ml bottle soda water
- 2 packages of pop rocks (Usually 16g packages that with a lollipop)
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, mix together the white sugar, water, cream of tartar and vanilla paste.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved, then allow it to simmer for a few minutes.
- Turn off the heat, begin to let it cool, then add in the raspberry flavour and the green food dye.
- Let it completely cool, storing it in a glass bottle in the fridge until needed.
- To serve, pour the syrup into a glass (or a bottle for authenticity) so it’s 1/3 full.
- Top the other 2/3 of the bottle with soda water and stir.
- Add half a package of pop rocks into each drink when serving.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins