Copycat Wizarding World of Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice recipe
Re-live your memories at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter all over again! Whether you’re serving up this easy-to-make jug of pumpkin juice for a Harry Potter party or just to help get in the Halloween season mood, you’ll want to keep coming back to the recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Yield: 1 litre 1x
- half a butternut squash, seeds removed and 2 cups water
- OR 1 cup canned pumpkin and 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/4 cup pumpkin juice
- 3 cups apple juice
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- If making from scratch, place half a butternut squash in a baking tray lined with a layer of water. Roast for ~40 minutes at 180C or 355F until soft when fork is pressed in.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a blender, scoop in the squash (discarding the skin) and water and blend. You can also put the pumpkin through the juicer, following it with water if you want a smoother texture. The pumpkin liquid that comes out is the ‘pumpkin juice’ we refer to moving forward. You can also use a strainer or finely woven cheesecloth to extract the liquid.
- In a saucepan, measure out 1 1/4 cups of pumpkin juice and combine with apple juice, apricot nectar, vanilla essence, 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice and sugar.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 20-30 minutes. By simmering you’ll be reducing the water so it’ll have a more concentrated taste and will help the spices infuse with the juices, which plays a big part in the taste.
- Chill and serve (although served hot is wonderful too!)
Keywords: harry potter, pumpkin juice, wizarding world,