“And I could do with a nice banana daiquiri. What do you say, folks? Daiquiri sound good?”
-Jurassic Park, Michael Crichton
With Jurassic World out in cinemas soon, what better recipe to start off with, than a banana daiquiri, mentioned in the original Jurassic Park novel?
A daiquiri is made up of rum, citrus juice, and sugar syrup. After that, it’s a free-for-all on how you make it a banana daiquiri.
Some recipes call for banana liqueur instead of actual banana. But I’m one of those people who have a freezer full of frozen bananas. What better way to use them up? It also means no ice cubes were required, as the frozen banana chills the drink.
Creaminess and spices are optional: Some use creme liquors such as cacao or add in coconut milk or cream. I’ve added a pinch of nutmeg for flavor since it teams well with banana, but no spices are in the ‘original’ recipe.
The glassware a banana daiquiri is served in, tends to vary. Some serve it up in a cocktail glass, some in a champagne glass, others in a hurricane glass.
Whatever your choice for making a banana daiquiri, it’s the perfect tropical cocktail to kick off your Jurassic World movie premiere party.
- 1.5 large frozen bananas
- 90 mL Bacardi white rum
- 6 tsp brown sugar
- 40mL boiling water
- 60mL coconut cream
- 50mL lime juice
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- Defrost the bananas just enough so you can easily peel the skins off, but where the bananas are still semi-frozen.
- Break the banana into smaller pieces, and toss into a blender.
- In a small glass, mix together the brown sugar and boiling water and stir to make a sugar syrup.
- Pour the sugar syrup and all the other ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Divide the amount into two glasses.
Don’t forget to check out the full food list from Jurassic Park when planning your next Jurassic World dinosaur party.
Jurassic Park Party Checklist and Menu
Love menus based on books to movies? You might also like: