The Grinch is one of my favourite characters of all time. A few years ago I made the Who Hash (complete with printable packaging), last year I made the Roast Beast (hello Frankenstein bird). So this year? We’re making colourful Who Pudding, with printable packaging so you can give them as gifts to your friends.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 4 eggs
- ½- 3/4 cup chopped up hard jujubes
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 250 g pack of suet mix
- pudding container
- aluminum foil
- In a mixer, combine all the dry ingredients first.
- Then add in the eggs and milk.
- Dissolve the bicarb soda in ¼ cup of boiling water.
- Grease the pudding container with butter, then scoop the mixture in, and with wet hands smooth down the top.
- Fold over the aluminum foil to create a thicker sheet, then fold a pleat in the middle so it had room to expand.
- Secure onto the top of the pudding container using the twine.
- Tie a handle using the twine, to make it easy to place in and out of the water.
- Bring a saucepan of water to boil, where the water will come halfway up the pudding container.
- Place in the pudding container, cover and steam for one hour, making sure the pot doesn't boil dry.
- Remove and serve.
Grinch Who Pudding free packaging (670 downloads)
Try these other literary-themed Christmas recipes!