Do you like green eggs and ham?
I do not like them, Sam-I-am.
I do not like green eggs and ham.
-Green Eggs and Ham, Dr Seuss
Well I like them Sam-I-am! So if you won’t eat them, I will. I tried a variety of ways to make the eggs green but this was the best way to make them look edible and presentable
- green dye
- ham steaks
- Separate the egg yolk and white into a bowl each. If you're doing more than one egg at a time, it's recommended that you separate the egg whites into their individual bowls, to make it easier to pour out correct portion sizes.
- In a small pot of water, add ~1/8tsp of green dye.
- Scoop the egg yolk onto a slotted spoon, and slip into the pot.
- Bring to a boil and let boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- At the same time, heat up a frying pan, and cook round slices of ham steaks, according to their instructions.
- With your slotted spoon, scoops the cooked green egg yolk out of the pot, and set aside.
- Heat up a frying pan, and when the pan is hot, pour in the egg white.
- When the egg white is almost cooked, take the back of a spoon, and push out a circular area for the egg yolk to sit in.
- Place the cooked egg white onto a serving plate, and place egg yolk in the hollowed out section.