Somewhere in my notes there was a reason I made a sour cream peach pie rather than just a straight peach pie. And somewhere along the way, knowing my research trail, there’s a 90% chance I got my recipe from on the Gutenberg site. But yes it’s the eve before Halloween, so yes, the house is in chaos, and with that, I’ll leave you with the recipe.
- 1 x 825g can of peaches, drained
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cup sour cream
- pie shell
- Preheat oven to 400F/205C.
- In a pie shell, spread out the peaches, and then sprinkle the brown sugar, salt and spices on top.
- Pour the sour cream over the peaches and smooth until completely covered.
- If the sour cream is firm, place in microwave for 10-20 seconds to soften.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the cream has begun to become golden in colour.
- Can be served hot or cold.
Try these other pie recipes from The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
You might also like: 6 Stops in Washington Irving’s Sleepy Hollow