“And then there were apple pies, and peach pies, and pumpkin pies…”
-The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, Washington Irving
Sour Cream Peach Pie
Sleepy Hollow Sour Cream Peach Pie
- Total Time: 25 mins
- 825g can of peaches, drained
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream
- pie shell
- Preheat oven to 400F/205C.
- In a pie shell, spread out the peaches, and then sprinkle the brown sugar, salt and spices on top.
- Pour the sour cream over the peaches and smooth until completely covered.
- If the sour cream is firm, place in microwave for 10-20 seconds to soften.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the cream has begun to become golden in colour.
- Can be served hot or cold.
- Cook Time: 25 mins
pie crust recipe
This makes enough for the three pies to be served for a Sleepy Hollow feast, including a topping for the apple pie.
Pie Crusts | Sleepy Hollow
- Yield: 4
- 5 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 cups unsalted butter, chilled
- 1/2–3/4 cup water
- In your mixer, add the flour salt and sugar. Next piece by piece, add cubes of butter. At some point, pulse the mixer to help it create a course meal texture. Then slowly pour in the water in a slow stream. You don’t want the dough getting wet and sticky, just enough to make the dough hold together.
Makes 4 pie shells, or 2 pie shells and their top crusts
This looks fantastic! There’s a German dish that mixes quark (similar to sour cream) with sugar and peaches, and it’s one of my favorites. This looks like it’d taste quite similar. Thank you for the recipe!
A German recipe makes sense. I remember doing research on Pennsylvanian Dutch recipes since they settled in Pennsylvania. Maybe something similar is what I came across on the Gutenberg site?
Made this for the first time today. It was a hit with the family. Thanks for posting it!