Originally a Key Lime Pie, a few shots of tequila gives this recipe the pirate-y kick it needs for a Treasure Island dinner party.Print
Treasure Island Party Menu; Tequila Shot Pie
- Total Time: 40 mins
Tequila Shot Pie for a Treasure Island dinner party
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lime juice (fresh preferably)
- 2–3 oz tequila
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 1 9 inch baked almond meal crust
- 5 egg whites
- 6 tbsp white sugar
- 1 oz tequila
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F/ 176C.
- In your mixer, whisk together egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk, before adding the lime juice and cream.
- Pour into the pie crust and bake for 30 minutes until it’s firm when top of pie is touched with back of spoon. Remove from oven but leave oven on.
- Whisk together the egg whites until the soft peaks form. Sprinkle in the sugar, before adding the tequila down the side of the bowl. Whisk until all is incorporated. Spoon onto pie and bake for another 10-12 minutes, or until topping is lightly golden brown.
- Best served straight away, however can also be chilled and served (wont be as attractive as moisture gets into meringue whilst in fridge)
Recipe adapted from Paula Deen’s Key Lime Pie recipe via food network
- Cook Time: 40 mins