- 175g butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- blue food dye
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup chocolate chip pieces
- Start by making sure your ingredients are at room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 160C.
- In a mixer, cream together the butter, sugars, and eggs.
- Add in a splash of blue food dye. If you add it to just the wet ingredients, you’ll get a nice blue consistency through your cookies.
- Stir in the flour, then stir in the choc chip pieces.
- Scoop a tablespoon onto a baking paper-lined tray. No need to press them down, they’ll flat themselves.
- If I’m wanting the cookies to look ‘pretty’ and Instagram or Pinterest worthy, I’ll press a few extra chocolate chip pieces onto the top of the cookie dough ball.
- Bake for ~15 minutes (depending on your oven).
- Remove from oven and let cool before eating.