- 3c plain flour
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1 tbsp crystallized ginger, minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 112g butter
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 c boiling water
- In the mixer, stir together the flour, sugar, bicarb soda, salt, ground ginger, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a large glass measuring cup, add together the molasses and butter, and heat in the microwave until the butter is melted.
- Stir into the flour mixture, also adding in the minced and crystallised ginger bit, and the boiling water.
- Once combined, turn out onto a sheet of baking paper.
- Wrap, then wrap with cling wrap to hold together, and place in the fridge for 1-2 hours to chill.
- Remove from fridge and let sit for a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Roll out dough into a rectangle.
- Trim off the rough edges, and cut into rectangular bar shapes.
- Separate the rectangles onto a baking tray.
- Bake for ~10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Once cool, brush with an edible gold powder to make the gingerbread shimmer.
- Cook Time: 15 mins