This delicious yet easy recipe for twice baked honey cake is perfect for your next Hobbit Day party!
- 2.5 cups plain flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre heat oven to 350of/176oC
- In one bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the mixer, beat together the sugar, honey, eggs, butter, lemon zest and juice and vanilla extract.
- Bit by bit, add in the dry mixture of ingredients into the wet mixture.
- Once all combined, shape into squares. Use a butter knife to trim the edges for a cleaner look.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then remove and cool.
- Place back into the oven, reduce heat to 150C/300F and bake for another 10 minutes each side.
- Remove from oven, transfer and cool.
- Cook Time: 45 minutes