- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- 2 cups plain flour
- 90g Copha shortening, chopped or grated
- Preheat oven 190C/375F
- In a saucepan, melt the shortening and scoop in the golden syrup.
- Bring to a boil and let cook for a few minutes.
- In a bowl, add in the flour, then pour in the sugar mixture.
- Add more flour if required, but stir until combined.
- Roll out very thin and slice into squares.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 20-30 minutes until the colour starts to darken.
- Let cool completely (it will be soft when it’s out of the oven) before storing in an airtight container.