- 250ml warmed milk
- 75g sugar
- 1 sachet yeast
- 500g flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 50 g butter, softened but not melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup currants and raisins
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- In a cup, mix together the warmed milk, sugar and yeast. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In your mixer, add in the flour, cinnamon and salt. With the mixer on low, slowly add the milk, eggs, vanilla and butter. When the dough starts to get stiff, switch the mixer over to the dough hook attachment. Knead for 5 minutes.
- Finally add in the currants and raisins.
- Oil a large bowl, place in the dough, shape into a ball, and turn over so the top of the dough is now oiled.
- Cover and leave for 1 hour to rise.
- After 1 hour, punch down and divide and shape into 12 balls, or smaller for a daintier look.
- Place on a baking paper lined baking tray and let rise for another hour.
- Preheat oven to 220C and bake for 20 minutes until light golden brown.
- Leave to cool and serve.
- Prep Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins