- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup thickened cream
- 6 drops food-grade peppermint oil
- food gels- green and brown
- toad chocolate mould
- In a medium sized saucepan, over medium heat, mix together the sugar, corn syrup, cream of tartar, and cream.
- Boil to the soft ball stage (235° F or 113°C).
- Let cool for a few minutes before adding in the peppermint oil.
- To make toad-like, use a half-half mix of green and brown food colour gel.
- Stir until completely mixed together.
- Lightly powder the moulds.
- Spoon into the moulds and set aside to cool.
- Once cool, press out of molds (don’t leave for too long, otherwise they become difficult to pop out.)
Adapted from Candymaking at Home (1915). Can be found on gutenberg.org.