- 2 oxtails
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 kilo string beans
- 2 potatoes
- 4 chiles moritas [a lightly smoked chipotle pepper, with some heat but not overwhelming, and with a slight slight fruity flavour]
- Take a knife and cut a cross on the bottom of each tomato.
- Boil some water, then plunge your tomatoes in for 30 seconds, before spooning out and running under cold water. Use your fingers to remove the tomato peel. Chop roughly.
- Chop the onions and the garlic finely.
- Heat up some oil in a bottom of a large pot, and brown the oxtails. Remove oxtails and set on a plate to the side.
- Add the garlic and onions, cooking until clear.
- Add in the potatoes, beans and chopped tomatoes. Add the oxtails back in.
- Cover with water and simmer for 2 hours for tender meat.
- Remove the oxtails, shred the meat from the bone and add the meat back into the pot, before serving.