- 4 grayling fish, cleaned and gutted (alternative: trout)
- 1/3 cup white gooseberry wine (alternative: dry white wine or red currant fruit juice)
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 cup beechnuts, crushed or roughly chopped (alternative: hazelnuts)
- 2–4 tbsp honey
- 250ml thickened cream
- 1 tbsp mint leaves
- extra virgin olive oil
- Rise the fish. In the cavity, rub oil, then sprinkle salt. Stuff the cavity with the rosemary, thyme and mint leaves, and sprinkle in crushed beechnuts.
- Place in a baking pan and oil the skin.
- In a small bowl, mix together the honey and cream, pour half over the fish and keep the rest for serving. Pour the wine around the fish in the pan and bake for 10-15 minutes, then turn on the broiler and roast for another 5.
You’ll want 1 fish per person.
Cook times taken from http://www.cookitsimply.com/recipe-0010-0184×7.html
- Cook Time: 20 mins