“…and even though it was homemade by her father (so the crust was alternatively thick and doughy and raw, or too thin and burnt), and even though he had put slices of green pepper on it, along with little meatballs and, off all things, pineapple chunks, Coraline ate the entire slice she had been given. Well, she ate everything except for the pineapple chunks.”
-Coraline, Neil Gaiman
Coraline’s dad tends to throw together some ‘strange’ ingredients, in her eyes, onto pizzas, like meatballs, pineapple and green pepper.
If you’re throwing a Coraline party for Halloween this year, take inspiration from her dad’s pizza skills, and set out a pizza making table.
Have single serve pizza bases already prepped or store bought, then have a range of toppings available in bowls. How much you put out will depend on the number of people you have.
- Pizza sauces: tomato sauce, bbq
- Toppings can include (but aren’t limited to): (prep everything and have it all finely sliced) pineapple chunks, mushrooms, onion, green pepper, sliced cherry tomatoes, garlic, spinach, black olives, sundried tomatoes, spring onions
- Spices (dried or fresh): oregano, tarragon, chili flakes
- Meats: pepperoni, ham, mini meatballs, shredded grilled chicken, bacon
- Types of additional cheeses: feta, parmesan
- Plus lots of shredded mozzarella cheese
Looking for more Halloween posts and recipes? You might like: