Tea biscuits aren’t mentioned in Alice in Wonderland, but in terms of tea parties, they’re crucial. So simple to make and perfectly light in texture, they become exquisite bites when teamed with raspberry jam and a dollop of cream. When shared with friends over a pot of steaming tea, you’re set.Print
Queen of Hearts Tea Biscuits
- Total Time: 28 mins
- Yield: 24 1x
- 2 cups plain flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbs/55 grams butter, melted
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a mixer, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Next mix in the butter and milk until combined and the consistency of dough.
- Roll out to ~1cm in thickness on a lightly floured board and cut out with a circular cookie cutter, 5cm in diameter.
- Bake for ~20 minutes, or until golden on top.
- Serve with cream and jams.
adapted from Chatelaine cookbook
- Prep Time: 8 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
Just clicked over to your blog to see what was new and suddenly my day was made! Thank you, my sweet friend! I love a good sandwich cookie, these look blissful!