- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup hot water
- 1 cup cold water
- butterfly pea flower extract
- 1 pinch (1/16 tsp) fine salt
- 1 pinch (1/16 tsp) citric acid
- juice of half a lime
- Mix together the sugar and water until sugar is dissolved.
- Set aside to chill.
- Pour into your serving glass, and top with the 1 cup of cold water.
- Drop in several drops of butterfly pea flower extract and stir so the liquid is completely dark blue.
- Mix together the salt and citric acid, sprinkle into the liquid and stir.
- Squeeze in the lime juice and stir again.
- Your dark blue drink will completely have transformed.
The first part of the recipe, up to and including the drops, can be prepped beforehand. Mix the salt and citric acid ahead of time, but don’t add the mixture and the lime juice to the drink until you’re in front of your guests!