1 cup milk
1 inch of ginger, grated
2–3 whole cloves
1 cinnamon stick
2 tbsp treacle
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 cups icing sugar
1 cup corn starch
- Start by making a gingerbread infusion by gently stirring together and heating the milk, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, treacle, nutmeg and brown sugar on the stove. Do not let it boil!
- Turn off the stove and let sit to infuse for 20 minutes.
- Strain the infused milk into a clean saucepan.
- Sift in the icing sugar and corn starch.
- Over low heat, slowly stir or whisk, letting the whisking rest every minute.
- Once at pudding consistency, remove from the stove and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Scoop into containers and place in the fridge to chill (1 hour).
- Finish off by adding crushed gingerbread cookies and icing before serving. Icing can be made by whisking together some milk and icing sugar.
If you accidentally boil the milk, and the mixture curdles, simply strain.