1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 cups icing sugar
1 cup corn starch
1 cup milk
candy canes, crushed
- Sift the cocoa into the sugar and cornstarch mixture in a bowl.
- Pour the milk into the saucepan and sift the pudding mixture in.
- Over low heat, slowly stir or whisk, letting the whisking rest every minute.
- Once it reaches a custard stage (thickened but still pourable), stir in 1 capful of peppermint essence.
- Continue stirring until the mixture thickens to a pudding consistency.
- Once at pudding consistency, remove from the stove and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Scoop into containers and place in the fridge to chill (1 hour).
- Before serving, top with crushed candy cane and mini marshmallows.