Last Updated on November 21, 2020
If there is one Who-ville prop you make this Christmas, it’s the Who-ville candelabras. In How the Grinch Stole Christmas! illustrations, the wonky table is sparsely decorated except for these two oversized topsy turvy candelabras.
To make these freestanding centrepieces, you’ll need:
- our free template which you can
clickhere to automatically download [ can’t find it? Check your download folder on your computer]
- X-Acto knife
- red acrylic paint and paintbrush
- black permanent marker
- If you’re confident with a jigsaw, you can make this with MDF, but I found the work quite fiddly with the shape. Not recommended for most!
- You can also paint with red spray paint if you want a smooth paint finish, but don’t forget to cover where the ‘candle’ would be.
- Start by printing out the Who-ville Christmas stocking template and cutting out.
- Take a pencil and trace around the template onto the white
- Use your X-
actoknife to carefully cut out.
- Paint red acrylic on the white foamboard where the ‘candleholder’ part is. Let dry, then paint the other side.
- Once dry, mark with
where the cartoon lines are. You can judge by looking, or you can transfer. Use pencil pencilto trace on the back of the template, making sure the pencil is heavy/dark enough. Then place the template back on the white foamboardand draw over the cartoon lines, thereby transferring the pencil from the back.
- Take your permanent marker and draw over the transferred lines on the
foamboardto give your candelabra the Who-ville cartoon look.
- Piece together the base and the candelabra so it stands upright and
displayon your table.
Looking for more Who-ville inspiration? You’ll want to read these other Grinchmas posts: