“I told you to stay away from those fish finger sandwiches.”
-Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
There’s been plenty of reviews spiralling around the internet, with the new Harry Potter and the Cursed Child script book out. Personally, I was just happy to have something new from that world and to be able to enjoy the excitement and the hype.
It was 7am my time when the book was released, and I eagerly set my alarm the night before to make sure I didn’t sleep in. Which of course meant I woke every hour afraid I was going to miss my 7am alarm!
While I read, my finger hovered over the ‘add bookmark’ button, for any food mentions that showed up. I was thrilled to see some that we knew, and some that hadn’t been mentioned before, like these fish finger sandwiches.
If you’re wondering what foods were mentioned, here’s the run down.
[catlist tags=”cursed-child” thumbnail=yes thumbnail_size=medium-portrait no_post_titles=yes]
Other foods mentioned, but still on my to-make list, include:
- Pepper Imps
- Fizzing Whizzbees
We aren’t making fish finger sandwiches from scratch, and I wouldn’t call this recipe since it’s adding four pre-made ingredients together. But this makes a simple yet amazing lunch or dinner.
- 3-4 battered fish fingers, frozen
- 2 slices of white bread
- 2 pieces of lettuce, washed (butter lettuce is my preference)
- tartare sauce
- butter [optional]
- Cook fish fingers according to box's directions.
- Once cooked, if preferred, butter both pieces of bread.
- Place a piece of lettuce on one, top with a good squiggle of tartare sauce.
- Line the 3-4 pieces of fish fingers side by side on top of the lettuce.
- Squeeze another squiggle of tartare sauce on top of the fish fingers.
- Place the other piece of lettuce on top, then the piece of bread.
- You're ready to eat!